Theme Preview Rss

Computerless

My computer crashed two weeks ago and had to go into the shop. I really missed being able to check in with my mini groups, but I worked on some swaps and took time to do some shopping for sale items at local craft stores and yard sales. This is what I came up with:


At AC Moore, I purchased the beaded bracelet and some butter pecan Gallery Glass on clearance for $.50 each. I intend to remove the small wooden beads from the bracelet and use the gallery glass to fill some mini glasses.

Next I hit the local Dollar Store and purchased 3 packets of jewelry bell caps for future use, a pack of 6 thimbles that I thought might make nice planters when turned upside down, and a packet of 4 skeletons on string that I might remove from the string for a Halloween scene.
On my way to work last Friday morning I found a yard sale with everything for $.25. There were lots of craft items that I might be able to use in my mini work. They included bat confetti, a small quilted reindeer head, an assortment of jewelry findings..........
small wooden milk bottles and lid shapes, mini beads and two packets of mini jointed teddy bears. I got all this for under $3!
Next I stopped at Michael's Craft Store for some of their famous $1 shelves. I also found this "book" case and two pieces of sticky backed material on clearance. The colors on the material are a bright purple and lime green, but I thought they might work well as flooring/carpet for Halloween rooms.
My next stop was a flea market held by one of our local animal rescue shelters. I couldn't resist this two-section shelf for only $3. I know I will be making a 1:12 scene to fit into it in the near future.
Another find was this black metal holder for a tea light candle. I really liked the wooden material around the candle holder part. I thought I might be able to remove it and use it as a fence, or perhaps saw off the top handle and use it for a table base.

Last of all, I have been watching these small potted bushes that CVS (our local pharmacy) had in stock since spring for $1.99. I really liked them, but was hoping they went on sale. Finally they sold for $.99 and I bought 4 of them (two with pink flowers & two with yellow). I will remove them from the pots and use them as bushes in front of my dollhouse, or in a garden scene. I went back to get more, but they were all gone!

0 comments: